Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fun With Verizon


As much as I appreciate all that computers do for us and as much as I enjoy much of what I do here, just let me say that I almost reached my snapping point this morning. I have been ALL morning on the phone with Verizon with various problems--not just one, but several. Off and on I've already had issues with both computers and last night, just before going to bed, I realized we had no internet connection. So I went to bed, got up this morning to the same thing, and it's taken the whole morning to get it resolved. Then in my frustration while on the phone with the first technician (who I'm not sure knew what she was doing) I ended up breaking our phone jack when she told me to unplug the cord for modem from the jack. There's more to the story, but I won't bore you with all the gory details.

Well, the repairman has come and gone, we now have a jack and are back online, after a second long session with yet another technician (who did know what he was doing, thankfully). I'll talk to you folks another time when I'm not so frustrated. Whew. Just needed to vent a minute.

They're wonderful when they work, but when they don't--well, what can I say. Maybe in a little bit I'll have my composure back enough to work more on the income taxes (doing them online) and some pressing business issues (needing to be done online).

Why should I complain? I know so many people with problems far worse than mine. Hope your day is going well.

8 comments:

Susan said...

You speak for all of us on this one Maxine. Tries our patience for sure!!!
Susan

Brenda said...

I feel your pain! That is definitely not how I like to spend my time.
Glad it all worked out for you...finally.

Cathy said...

Oh, dear, I know how frustrating it is to have the computer out of order! I'm glad you got everything fixed finally!

Denise said...

Thanks for the kind words on my post about Mom....... You girls are such a great source of encouragement to me........ :) Having never seen you yet knowing you are there............


and computer stuff makes you crazy!

Linda said...

Complete sympathy here Maxine. I love it when all is going well, but oh how I dread having to call the tech people.

Beverly said...

{{{{Mummy}}}}

Barbara said...

Maxine, I know how you feel about the incompetent technicians. We've had them and even those who can't do the job when they get here to tell us that they'll just have to cut off our DSL service because we shouldn't be getting it anyway where we are. Hey! The phone company is the one who put us on; we didn't do it ourselves. We turned that guy in! And then my husband fixed the problem himself at the pole! A wire was loose and this guy couldn't even find it. He didn't have time to look at all possibilities because it wasn't his hook up that had the problem.

Glad yours got fixed. I know it was very frustrating being offline.

Susan Skitt said...

Ah, that is frustrating. My husband is a service technician, not for Verizon, but for a computer company. He is my go to guy, (Praise God), because I am terrible with technology. Now I used to be a Medical Technologist many years ago, but I just worked in the lab doing tests, not fixing machines.

I'm finalizing some tax stuff too this weekend. It's a lot when you run your own business, isn't it? It's been a big learning curve for me.

I hope you have some time to relax and recharge. Much love - I'm praying for you.