Monday, August 23, 2010

Precious Suffering Children

I guess this cured me from being down in the dumps about my sore toe. This is not particularly pleasant viewing, but one of the good things about modern technology is that it can often be used to put us right there on the scene of the sufferings and sorrows being lived out by people far away. Personally, I think we who live in such a pleasure and entertainment based society need to be put there more often. Can you add these little children, victims of the Pakistani floods, to your prayer list?

And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul. . . Isa. 58:10a

4 comments:

Debra said...

These sort of things certainly helps me to keep things in perspective! What tradgedy!

Maxine said...

My point exactly, Debra.

Laurie said...

I was so touched by this, Maxine, and even though it is hard to see such images and hear the cries of these little ones, I thank you for bringing this to us that we may remember and pray for the children of Pakistan....and Haiti...oh, Lord, the list goes on and on. May we remember, just as You do. Help us to steal away from our comfortable lives to call on You in prayer for the children of this world who suffer, and for the parents who ache that they cannot stop it.

Maxine said...

Amen, Laurie.