Monday, March 10, 2014

A Reminder

Must I be carried to the skies,
On flow'ry beds of ease,
While others fought to win the prize,
And sailed through bloody seas?


The above words from this hymn "Am I a Soldier of the Cross" often bring tears to our eyes. This is especially true when we hear reports of saints going home to Jesus as a result of persecution. The report of 33 North Korean Christians being reportedly sentenced to execution has hit us hard. And it should. And our tears should flow. But shouldn't we be asking ourselves often, "What do you have for me to do, Lord?" I could go on and on, but won't. Just read the blog post here and you'll understand better. I want to post a link on all my blogs as a reminder of these things. Actually it's a painful reminder and well it should be.

Also, "sorrow and joy contended together" at the homegoing yesterday of a fellow pilgrim who had suffered long while serving well. Joy over what he now has and sorrow at our loss, of course. I've spoken often here of John Farese. He's home now and glory be to God.

This was my first blog and I don't keep it up anymore except to record family events usually. I may not even being doing that much anymore, but we'll see how the Lord leads as to posting in the future. It's okay, as this is the way life is. Seasons of life change.

God bless and let's keep pressing on for our Savior.

No comments: