Monday, December 22, 2008

Sweet Sixteen Girl


I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth,
and even for evermore.
~ Psalm 121 ~

Well, it's another birthday in our family and this time, it's our daughter Neesie, who many of you know already. Today she turns sweet sixteen and her dad and I are so thankful for the young lady she has become as she reaches this milestone. We are especially thankful to see her love for the Lord increasing and to see precious traits of character emerging as she approaches adulthood. May the Lord in His mercies preserve her is our prayer and may we continue to see the fruits of the Spirit of Christ in her life. The above passage is her life verses that we have recited to her almost every night since she was a wee girl. May she always trust in the truths found in these words, and hold them close to her heart.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NEESIE! Much love from Dad and Mom!

11 comments:

Sara said...

that's so sweet! I can't believe how fast she's growing up...happy birthday Neesie!! =)

Sara said...

oh, and your "about me" section says you're a nanna of one so far...now you have to change that to nanna of two. =D

Neesie said...

Thank you for this mommy! I love you both so much and thank God for giving you to me. :-)

TO BECOME said...

Oh, Maxine, Happy, Happy Birthday to your dear Neesie. I am sure that you will continue to grow straight and strong, loving the Lord more each day. I know you and her Dad are very proud of her and her sister and you have every right to be. I am thankful for you. connie

Beverly said...

MO-OM! You used my picture - and I used it too! Oh well ;-) Happy Birthday to Neesie ...

Susan said...

What a beautiful young lady, inside & out!!!! Her long hair is so lovely and her sweet smile.
Susan

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday to pretty, sweet Neesie! That is such a beautiful verse, Maxine.

Patti said...

Happy birthday, Neesie!! I knew from Ella that today is your birthday. Hope it's very special and filled to overflowing with the love of Jesus!!!

May this new year of life find you growing more and more like our precious Savior.

Love,
Mrs. G.

Barbara said...

Happy 16th Birthday to Neesie. That is such a special time in your life. I have a grandson who just turned 15 on Dec 11th. Now, he can't wait to turn 16, but this idea is getting his driving license. Don't know about girls when they turn 16. I know I didn't get mine until I was 18 and it didn't hurt one bit!

May Neesie continue to look to her parents and God for her help! It is so wonderful to have a child that loves the Lord as she does.

Susan Skitt said...

What a sweet daughter you have Maxine! And how lovely those verses you said with her every night. God will use that in her life (as he all ready is) in a special way!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Neesie!

What a beautiful young lady you are, both inside and out.

Praying this year will be one you grow stronger and stronger and more in love with Jesus then ever.

May God's love surround you, protect you, uphold you and comfort you always.

Love,

Susan