Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Race Walker

Fan Benno-Caris is a champion race walker. We hear of lots of "champions" who do this and that, but what caught my eye (and ear) about this lady is the fact that she's 91 years old. Now she's running for her city council, because having lived through the Great Depression, she feels she has the experience to help out with the current recession. Sometimes I feel as though I'm slowing down because of getting older. This story inspired me: I'm not so old! See the short video here. You may be inspired too.

3 comments:

Susan said...

How wonderful.
Susan

Debra said...

That was pretty awesome!

sparrow's song said...

How very inspirational!! I love her zest for life. The older I get the more I value wisdom and contentment. These types of treasures are priceless.