Saturday, January 08, 2011

Unsearchable Riches of Christ


"The unsearchable riches of Christ." Eph 3:8

NEVER forget that Jesus is our Brother, and that He has devoted all His riches to us, so that the riches of Jesus are the Christian's fortune. "Ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though He was rich, yet for our sakes He became poor, that we through His poverty might be rich." He employed all He possessed for our redemption, sanctification, and salvation; and now, at the right hand of the Majesty on high, He giveth liberally, and upbraideth not. He has riches of grace, riches of mercy, and riches of glory. The residue of the Spirit is with Him. He has promised largely; He has proved His readiness to bestow, in the most wonderful way; let us therefore expect great things from Him, for He has unsearchable riches. O believer, look not at thy poverty, at thy wants, or thy circumstances, but look at Jesus; all things are under His feet, all blessings are at His disposal, and His heart is set upon thee to do thee good! He will supply all thy needs while on earth, and afterwards receive thee to glory. My soul, thy Jesus has all thou needest: therefore look to Him, and Him alone!

Possessing Christ, I all possess,
Strength, wisdom, sanctifying grace,
And righteousness complete:
Bold, in His name, I dare draw nigh,
Before the Ruler of the sky,
And all His justice meet.

(Shared thanks to a recent email from Johnny Farese.)

Hi Friends. I am well, though I'm neglecting this particular blog these days. As usual my plate is full, in more ways than one. I am rich because if I possess Christ, I have all things. Unsearchable riches. This is one of my favorite themes of the gospel. Are you rich? If you don't have the Lord Jesus as your Savior, you are poor indeed. But you don't have to be.

Just wanted to share that. Be blessed all.

12 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Amen!!! I am rich beyond measure because I have HIM!!!! He is sufficient for me.

Laurie said...

oh, yes, Maxine, I would rather have the riches of Christ than all of the riches of this world. I am glad you are well, and I so appreciate you comments on my blog recently, although I want to reply to you more often. When I began blogging, one of the riches the Lord blessed me with was your friendship, and I am very blessed indeed. Have a wonderful Lord's Day!

Maxine said...

Amen, Susan and Laurie! Love you both and appreciate you.

Denise said...

Hello my friend.. Seems that we are all too busy anymore.. I am trying to do better but some days I do not get here till late..... I have been poor without the Christ and I was poor indeed....... I am no longer poor but not as the world would judge as I have Jesus and my riches are stored up in HIS house....

Sending you blessings my friend..

Maxine said...

Blessings back at you, my dear Denise. You are rich in Christ.

Linda said...

It is always good to get a chance to visit with you Maxine. You always have such wonderful things to share.
It is true - we are so rich in Jesus - in all the things that matter most.
Thank you for the beautiful reminder.

Maxine said...

You're so sweet, Linda. Just returned from visiting you and was edified once again, even though it was such a sad story.

Dena E's Blog said...

Wonderful share Sis..Its been a while since I visited Sweetie.. Your posts are somehow always so informative, a delight to see, inspiring and encouraging to our hearts!!!
What a JOY in Christ's Spirit it is to visit with you here and read
each one of them as you're sooooo filled by the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ.. Thanks for ALWAYS sharing about Our God through your acts of kindness and love. May you continue to feel the best blessing's of, His presence Sis~~~Love and Hugs Dena

Maxine said...

Hi Dena! It has been a while...I owe you a visit!

How can we not be blessed when we think of our riches in Christ?

Cathy said...

That is beautiful, Maxine. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Maxine said...

Cathy: Thanks and blessings, dear friend.

Karen said...

Let the poor say I am rich in Jesus!