Friday, September 22, 2006

Good Morning

It is good to give thanks to the LORD,
And to sing praises to Your name O Most High;
To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning,
And Your faithfulness every night…
The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree,
He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon
Those who are planted in the house of the LORD
Shall flourish in the courts of our God,
They shall still bear fruit in old age;
They shall be fresh and flourishing.
Psalm 92:1-2,12-14


Good morning all. I love this psalm. It has always been one of my favorites through the years and now that I’m older (Ahem! and a grandmamma), it has even become more meaningful. For some reason, my thoughts aren’t flowing out of my brain this week and I’ve little to write. Hopefully, soon it will be better.

I just read a little devotional and it mentioned a British preacher and writer named John Stott who it said began each day this way: “Good morning, heavenly Father. Good morning, Lord Jesus. Good morning, Holy Spirit.” After that it’s said that Mr. Stott would go on to worship each member of the Trinity individually. (“Our Daily Bread”, April 2002) Let’s all do the same today and praise our great triune God together!

[Just in case anyone is wondering, Selena is fine.]

3 comments:

Beverly said...

I like Psalm 92 too! I feel the same way -- the creative juices are just not flowing right now. I'm sure they will come back.

Sara said...

Thanks for posting the psalm Mrs. R! That happens to me alot too- I have no idea what to write about sometimes. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Maxine for your encouraging words that you have left on my posts. Thank you also for praying. I have updated information on my most recent post. Thanks again - I truly appreciate your prayers.