Friday, February 06, 2009

A Republic if You Can Keep It

This has been so heavy on my heart all week that when I saw this YouTube video posted at Freedom's Journal Magazine, I just HAD to post it here. Please take the ten minutes to look at this. It's a very important message for the time in which we find ourselves. Actually, we need to be on our knees for our Republic. God is able.



If any of you are interested in calling your senators to urge them against voting for that monstrosity stimulus bill you can go here where you'll find phone numbers to call. I'm sorry to say that if this thing passes, it's another giant step away from preserving our Republic as we've known it. Dear friends, America has survived hard times in the past without giant governmental takeovers; we can do it again. (With God's help if we would only turn back to Him.)

That's not to say times aren't hard, because they are. I sure do wish we would look more to our dear Lord to help us, don't you?

4 comments:

Cathy said...

That is really scary, Maxine. I think many are contacting their leaders. Thanks for the video.
Yes, that is the problem, God is being left out!

GraceFromHim said...

On it.....I am praying we can make a difference.
Thanks for posting!

Denise said...

There is nothing left for the Christians to do...... there is nothing this side of heaven that will change our beautiful America.... It is prayer, it is calling on the name of God..... we repent and turn from OUR wicked ways and HE will hear and HE will heal our land......... Wonder what it will take to turn OUR hearts... I fear for the future...... but I pray that God will intervene.......

Patti said...

I can't watch the video...we have Youtube blocked on our computer.

I just don't understand why people are So willing to let big daddy government take care of them!! It's not just the politicians that like this stimulus package...so many of the average people do. It's frightening.

I SO agree. We've come through tough times before...but without God, we will not be successful.

Love,
Patti