Friday, April 27, 2007

ME#3 - We Have a Winner!

Hello there folks. Yes, we do have a winner on our latest riddle! Monica (Mommysmart) was the first person to take a guess and she got it right, just squeaking out Beka by two minutes. You see, even though the answer I had was "a day", I would have been torn about whether to count "birthday" as a correct answer, because technically it is. I hadn't even thought of that! So Beka and Bethany, you were right too. Thanks to others who were brave and took, I must say, very good guesses. Here was my reasoning on this riddle:

There is something that you possess one at a time.

One day at a time!

Your mother has seen it more often than you have.

I would assume that your mother has had more days than you!

Each time you have one, something goes up and then down while it is with you.
Sun rises and sets one time in a twenty-four hour day!

Something else travels in a circle twice by the time it leaves you.

Two twelve hour cycles on your clock or watch!

Monica is a new blogger friend of mine and as I said, she got it right away! Go visit her neat blog called A Day in the Life of Mommysmart. Today there is a very interesting post about our internal alarm clock--very interesting since we happen to be dealing with time here. So, here's my promised award for Monica, for whatever it's worth. You can pick it up and take it with you if you like, Mommysmart, but I'll be displaying it here for you. Good guessing!!

This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Congratulations!

Mommysmart said...

Yeahoo! This is my first ever "bloggy" award. I grabbed my award and posted it proudly on my blog. Thanks for the fun!

Beka said...

Congrats to mommysmart!
That was a great riddle, Mrs. R!