Friday, May 30, 2008

Funny Foto #1


Since I often don't have as much time to post as before and want to keep things moving, I thought maybe an occasional funny photo from the news would be a welcome distraction for you folks. Here's my first. Can you figure out what's going on here or do you have a funny title for it? This is not a contest nor are there any prizes, I just thought you might find it amusing. I did. I would appreciate it if there would be no mean comments about our President (which I would promptly delete).

10 comments:

Cathy said...

That IS funny, Maxine. It looks like the big guy really startled the President?

Maxine said...

So it seems, Cathy. I'll tell more later.

Beverly said...

ok - I am laughing too hard to figure out what is going on. did they collide as Pres. Bush was stepping down from the podium and the soldier was stepping up?

Maxine said...

Right, Bev. That's pretty much what happened. Apparently Pres. Bush was attending the Air Force Academy graduation when he and this cadet who had just received his diploma ran into each other.

~~Deby said...

ooooops...funny picture though..
Deby

Baptist Girl said...

All I can picture is

"Give me a hug, you big lug"

*S*

Cristina

TO BECOME said...

It looks like the President is directing music and the other fella is stepping in. I have no idea what is going on. connie from Texas

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Actually, from what I saw and read, he actually was chest-bumping that airman! He talked on their cellphones, signed autographs, and really *celebrated* with the graduates that day- he's so great!

sparrow's song said...

Love his humor and willingness to be seen as human.

Maxine said...

Thanks for the added info Elise! I didn't get the full story.