Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy & Blessed Thanksgiving!


Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. Psalm 103:1-2

Adapted from our praise time in church on Sunday evening, I will list the benefits given to me from my Lord:

  • Praise Him for my salvation
  • Praise Him for my family
  • Praise Him for my church family
  • Praise Him for my heritage and my nation
  • Praise Him for my health
  • Praise Him for my daily provision

And from the sermon on Sunday morning, I was touched by these two verses:

Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord. Jeremiah 9:23-24

So at this Thanksgiving time, may I offer my thanks most of all for a God who sought me when yet a sinner; for a Savior who loved me and gave Himself for Me, rose from the dead for my justification, and ever lives to make intercession for me; and for the Spirit who strengthens, helps, and comforts me on this perilous journey.

May you, too, offer your thanks for our triune God and may you glory in His name at this time and all times.

Have a blessed and happy day tomorrow.

10 comments:

Susan said...

So true and said so well. Praise God for our Christian heritage.
Happy & Blessed Thanksgiving to you dear Maxine.
Susan

Patti said...

I LOVE that verse from Jeremiah.

Yes, we are SO blessed. May we never forget to give thanks for all the abundance God has given us....most especially, our salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Love in Christ,
Patti

Theresa's Notes said...

Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving!

Debra said...

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving day. We serve a good, kind and gracious Lord!

Cathy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Maxine! I loved the verses.

Anonymous said...

Excellent thoughts on this special day. May God bless and keep you and yours!

kris said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you,Maxine! We do have so much to be thankful for. god is good - all the time!

Susan Skitt said...

What a lovely, uplifting post :) Our God is so good. We have much to be thankful for. Hope you had a lovely day with family!

Baptist Girl said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVINGS!

Cristina

... said...

we have so many things to be thankful for. i hope you and your family had a wonderful thanksgiving.