Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Newest Sox Fan


This little lady, who was born last Thursday at Boston's Franklin Park Zoo, was named on Monday, one day after the Boston Red Sox World Series victory. She will officially be known as "Sox" in honor of her home team. At birth, "Sox" weighed 154 pounds and measured 6 feet 2 inches tall. Isn't she a darling? If you like kids and babies (and who doesn't?) go to this photo gallary and see some other really cute little Red Sox fans.

I would like to take this opportunity to humbly admit to my several friends who were on the side of the winners that they do indeed have the better team. I have a feeling that one fan in particular is going to try to make my life miserable over this whole thing, but he will not succeed. Congratulations to Boston, who I understand also has quite a few Christians on the roster, as do the Rockies. I admit to that also. (Sorry, inside joke.)

Maybe next year at least one of the teams will win that I root for in the playoffs. My goodness, this was a bad post season for me. Well, there goes October--I was so hopeful when it started.



9 comments:

Sara said...

Awww...that's too cute. :)

Phoebe said...

Just wanted you to know I updated. After all, you did ask for a reminder. :D

sparrow's song said...

This is definitely a beautiful giraffe! God's creation never ceases to amaze me. It often baffles me how people can stand in awe of the world around us and never come to the conclusion that it's by intelligent design and therefore by an authored Creator. Consider what the chances are of throwing a deck of 52 cards in the air and having them come down in perfect order of their suits. And yet that is what some similarly reason happened with the complete and perfect world/universe we live in; that it was all by chance. For all the admiration of the world around them, they have robbed God of the Glory due Him by honoring creation instead of the Creator.

Romans 1
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.


Just so you know, my husband was rooting for the Rockies as well.

Beka said...

Imagine being 6'2" and 154 pounds at birth!!

Theresa's Notes said...

That brought a smile to my face.

Maxine said...

Sara, I know you like cute things.

Phoebe, Hi there friend! I'll be over in a bit.

Sparrow, how very, very true. Isn't she holding herself so proud and erect so soon after birth? As if to give glory to the God who made her. We saw a video this summer about some of the incredible creatures God has created which defy evolution. The giraffe was one of them. Each creature has its distinct characteristics that enable it to function and survive and all of these distinctions have to be working at once. There is no in between stage or they wouldn't survive! Yes, it's absolutely amazing and only an infinite and wise God could accomplish what we see in His creation. Praise His Name, yes?

Beka, You are right! I was going to say something about that and forgot.

Theresa: Good. That's what I was trying to do.

Cathy said...

Darling giraffe, Maxine, and I loved all those precious pictures.

Beverly said...

The giraffe is sooooo cute -- as is its name! I was not rooting for the Sox, but I concede that they were the better team, :-)

Bethany said...

TOOOOOOOOO...etc., Cute!
I am doing well, just very busy!
Bethany